For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Sunday 28 April 2013

It's always fantastic when you rediscover something from a time gone by, but its even better when you can take a lesson in sociology from there. I was watching the first few series of the Simpsons (bear in mind that these came out in 1989 when I was only 2 years old, and I remember watching them at that kind of age) and it was interesting to see how the world changes around them, when the characters never seem to age at all. Even when you look at simple things like the things in the houses which we wouldn't even give a second glance, things like games consoles, personal music players and even the politics of the day are reflected in a fascinating display. If you have never seen it, I really recommend giving it a watch.

Just these last few days, our little baby Kibou has really been showing just how much of a little character he is growing up to be. When I got him, he was tiny and shy, barely interacting much, yet at the moment he seems to be lapping up the attention. His favourite game for now seems to be running around the cage, popcorning happily and then squeaking when we pick him up to play, he then proceeds to nuzzle necks and lick cheeks sweetly. The last time I ever saw a guinea pig with such energy was when I had my Patch. I miss that crazy little ball of fuzz.

I decided today that I was going to start a new diary. I do love keeping my journals and they are a good place to really get out what it is thats bothering me in a private domain, a place to share my joy and my sadnesses. I love my original diary and I do feel sad to move from that book, but I'm just not in the same place I was back then. Whenever I read it, I always remember how angry I was or how vulnerable I felt and how trapped in my own body I felt. I've moved on and grown emotionally and I am ready to keep going in my life. I have a lot to give and a wonderful network of people to give to. I was having some time to think earlier when I was wandering around town and I looked at how people react to each other, how they smile when they greet each other and how some of them greet perfect strangers with a polite "Good Morning". I love going in to the shops I like and talking to the staff, the guy in CEX who sold me my iPod still asks me how I'm getting on with it and whether I've managed to fill all 32GB yet!

I've also been working on something of a project. My DS was looking a bit on the battered side and well, I think it needs a nice make over, perhaps with a subtle touch of something a bit more, well, me. I started with giving the console a wipe down with some methylated to got rid of anything that could cause bother with the refinishing (not to mention wearing a thick dust mask and working OUTSIDE!). Once that was over, I applied the sparkly wing decal in just the right place ensuring that is was affixed properly. Once that was done I applied a layer of clear acrylic laquer which has so far been buffed up to a shine and smoothed out (including smoothing out where there were some light areas of damage) ready for another coat of clear acrylic to finish it completely. Once it's done then I will have something that is truly one of a kind and personal to me. Which is something I always appreciate.

I've had a rather quiet, pleasant weekend actually and have spent some good time just doing the things I love with someone I love spending time with. We learn from each other in a way that really makes us strong, I learned, for example to just enjoy myself, let myself be free and if anyone has a problem with it, then they can sod off, this is my life and I intend to live how I want, not by anyone else's standards or decisions, I am in charge of my life and I decide whether some one is or isn't a part of that. I worked so hard to get to a state where I was finally feeling a lot healthier and I know now not to take anything for granted because, as I know now, things change and often without a moment's notice. Live for today, remembering that those who carry their past on their backs don't live at all. If we spend time with the local kids and show them our animals or let them come and talk to us (parents round here know us both anyway and we are active members of the community) it doesn't really matter too much about what happened to me years ago, what matters is the then and there, when we're teaching them how to hold a guinea pig (or where he likes to have his chin rubbed just right) or what they like to eat, then its nice and it feels all the more worth it.

On reflection however, we have decided that it was for the best that we don't get a puppy, I think we're more in to pets of the caged variety, a puppy would mean a lot more work for both Becky and myself and to be honest, we have our hands (and laps) full with the creatures we already have and well, what with my declining health as well, it just wouldn't be too wise. Besides it would be even harder for medical staff to help me if I had a dog running around here (as much as I love them) and it would be anything but practical.

So I guess thats all I really have been up to recently, going to get back in to my pajamas, slap on a Disney film and maybe rest for a while, down to an hour and a half between nebs and well, its starting to get a bit worse, if things do go down hill, I hope that it won't be too hard to sort out.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)