For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Sunday 28 April 2013

How I Fixed my Omron MicroAir (In Detail).

The best thing about posting something about things that make our lives easier is knowing that somewhere, someone will read your post and they can benefit from your own experience in a positive way. When I had to repair my nebuliser, I remember speaking to friends, other people who use the same technology as I do and are just as dependent on it to do a specific (and in some cases vital) task at the exact time I need it. When these kind of things start having problems that can have a drastic knock on effect.

For example, when my Omron was playing up, it would take me anywhere from 30-40 minutes to nebulise around 5ml of liquid. Now, not even my old mains neb does it that slowly, its supposed to take somewhere from 10-15 minutes (as is supposedly the benefit of ultra sonic nebulisation) so as you can imagine, I was somewhat concerned about this. So. me being me, I turned detective (probably due to the influence of Capcom's Ace Attorney series (I recently discovered them thanks to Jace's influence) where you have to find out the truth as to what happened in the case you're investigating, fantastic games, but I digress) and set to examining the usually very reliable machine. My first instinct was the mesh (even though that had degraded considerably over the 18 months I was using it) but even after a replacement, I found that the nebulisation rate still wasn't right.

I then took the medication cup off (I must have boiled that thing 3-4 times over the time I was trying to work it out) and noticed that the contact points on the main unit and the medication chamber looked a bit different to what I remembered. If you have one yourself, you will know that underneath there are 2 small metal contact pins on both parts. These allow the sonic frequency to push the medication so you can imagine the problem you can have when moisture seeps under the medicine chamber and some light rust starts to form.

Now here is the really clever part (something I found out from years of watching my dad work on his most prized possession, his beloved motorbike). People don't always know that rust can be removed from some metals with WD40 (it has a rather peculiar smell, but the strange thing is that it brings back memories of classic bike shows and some of the best parts of my early years) . Applied with a cotton bud and wiped away, soon that rust was a thing of the past. As soon as it was gone it was exactly like how my nebuliser USED to be, when I first brought it 3 years ago.

I hope this tip can help someone else, as it has already helped some people and to me, there is no greater feeling than knowing that something I have done helps another.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)