For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Saturday 30 June 2012

Simple and Happy...

I guess recently things are getting less complicated and more simple, despite having to wade though a mountain of paperwork (the forms for my benefits are so irksome at the best of times) and a few other less than notable things, I am happy that everything is falling in to place, and despite everything, I have landed on my feet as usual (I swear I was a cat in a previous life). I've not really had anything worth getting annoyed over and thats great because I do so enjoy the calm and tranquility that my life seems to have found.

I'd been reading Jennifer Worth's series of books "The Midwife Trilogy". I had watched the BBC's adaptation of the books in the charming series "Call The Midwife" earlier this year... or was it late last year? As well as finding the DVDs of the series for a meager £5 in town. Re-watching it had made me want to re-read the book. My favourite character was Camilla Fortesque-Chumley-Browne, or Chummy for short. Chummy's character was one of a shy and awkward young lady who often felt out of place in her surroundings, having grown up in an opulent lifestyle, having to work in the London area of Poplar which, in the 1950s would have been impoverished (and I mean true poverty, people living in houses that hadn't got some of the essential things we take for granted, such as electricity, running water or even central heating and usually these homes would have been squalid and unhygienic, but were loved by the residents regardless) and as it was based before the recent invention of contraception, as soon as one baby had grown out of it's pram, another would soon be born to take it's place. Yet despite her unease, Chummy managed to find love in the arms of a policeman and she managed to shake the society and mercenary nature of the world that she was forced to live in.

I related to her quite a lot. Admittedly, I had not fallen from a height of wealth and royal connections to living in what would now be referred to as a slum, but I did go from being the daughter of a woman whose main interest was that she married "well" and managed to climb up the social standings to being my own, independent young woman who rents her own small flat (yes it is a post-war prefab) which does have it's positive and negative attributes. I personally love it in this small place and I have made it my own and made it special to me. The flooding earlier this week was probably due to the loose double glazed door in the back. A replacement and it will return to being water-tight once again (avoiding the problem of flooding once more). Other than a few other minor issues which the council were diligent in repairing for me, this place has become my own little slice of heaven. Even the garden, which had been something of a jungle is beginning to transform in to a place of pleasure and relaxation (hayfever permitting of course!).

The main thing is, both Becky and myself are content with how things are right now. Soon her boyfriend will be visiting us from Wyoming and Jace will be here for his first ever visit very soon and we're all really looking forward to it. It's funny, this relationship feels so different to the past ones, and it has a sparkle which actually feels better than my first relationship. I feel so lucky and whenever I see messages from Jace I smile, I cuddle my special pillow close and it reminds me that even when I feel like shit, that someone out there loves me no matter what. And no one, no matter how determined, can ever take that away from me. Even if they waited in the shadows for a lifetime, it is time wasted as they could have used that time, instead of a wasted effort to destroy that happiness I have found, finding their own life and their own happiness.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)