For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Wednesday 6 June 2012

... It's just a box...

Lighter moods recently have been a breath of fresh air (excuse the turn of phrase). OK so my asthma has been a bit on the volatile side but at least morale has been improved. Without the shadow of who or what could happen, I have been so much more cheerful and have been seeing the lighter side of life.

My recent pleasures have been games such as Metal Gear Solid HD Collections (a make over of 2 classic games and a porting of a later and popular title) and the Disney and Final Fantasy crossover of Kingdom Hearts games, particularly the DS title "Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days" which tells the story of the members of Organization XIII, a group of "Nobodies", men and women born without hearts, and trying to get their own hearts and thus being made human. The main character being a young boy called Roxas (the "Nobody" form of the protagonist Sora) who appears within the organisation and its trying to figure out who or what he is. 

My wandering around in the world of Metal Gear Solid was not without its humour (OK so I was essentially making fun of Raiden, a young Foxhound operative who hasn't got the coolness or style of Snake). One of the funniest things occurred when I was wandering around Big Shell and I happened upon a kitchen and dining area. Well I wanted to know how interactive the scenery was and found a wooden crate which had 3 watermelons. I couldn't resist really so I took out my gun and shot them to pieces and ended up wandering in to the dining room, firing the condiment bottles off the table with a shout of "No condiments for you!". I then decided to head up to the heliport and have a look around using a cardboard box as a disguise. It was Raiden's Halloween costume... he was a shipment!

The funnier thing is that I have been tempted to dig up a cardboard box from somewhere, stick it on my head and see how many others would get the joke!! Given half the chance I'd find one big enough, go in to town and find a place to lurk with this thing over me... and probably end up winding up half the security staff. I am proud to say that recently there have been some real sparks of the old me of two years ago (a crazy prankster who 9 times out of 10 ought to know better!) and I have to admit I am enjoying that crazy young lady and her mischievous side.

Its been nice as well to bring another in to something that was a small part of my childhood and part of a long standing joke between everyone I know. It was even funnier when I told the story of when I was at work waiting for my mum, who came in to the room to find me slumped with a box over my head and said "Come on Solid Snake!"... I think I have the right combination of a daft sense of humour, common sense (as a contrast) and the ambition to just have as much fun as physically possible, but thats just me.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)