For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Magical Day Out...

After months of talking and trying our hardest to set up a date, yesterday I managed to get out to the North West coast, and to see my darling Jace. We were both so nervous that we were shaking but when we first met, that moment was just amazing and how I imagined it to be as we embraced and shared our first ever kiss. Now I have had the first kiss of a relationship a couple of times before, but I really felt something different this time, something magical and it was like I had been missing him my whole life.

Even though the weather was typically British and I had to buy new shoes (as well as a fiasco with my bag strap snapping, Becky very kindly helped me out with that) as the dolly shoes I was wearing were so uncomfortable that by the time we arrived in Blackpool, I was more comfortable walking around barefoot! The day was nothing short of amazing! We sat on the beach, watching the sea and the tide as it ebbed and flowed (there was something soothing about the sea and the sound it made as it lapped the shore) and for a while my romantic dreams had come true.

Ever since I was young, I had always dreamed about walking along the beach with the man I adored at my side. To finally get to do that was a dream come true. To find the missing piece that I was searching for was nothing short if a miracle. Jace gave me somewhere to belong, and I am thankful every day that I had happened upon the website Mai Otaku and met Jace. His kindness and patience with me and even my conditions didn't phase him. For the first time in a while, I didn't feel embarrassed to puff on my inhaler and heck I was even brave enough to wear something that I would have never had the guts to before, I wore a long blue dress, tied up as a halter neck at the top, and of course my favourite grey and black stripey cardigan!

We also tried our luck in the arcades. That was extremely enjoyable as we played games, laughed and Becky even managed to win herself a small white ghost from Pac-Man. Our little ghosty friend was a cute new companion for us! We also had some fun taking pictures with Becky's small black teddy bear, Jared. Jared is a cute little fellow and he has been on all kinds of trips and travels, I was only sad that my original bag had been way too small to fit my small and rather adorable plush doll, Sephy (yes I still have him and he still goes everywhere with us!).

The journey home was one thing I was not looking forward to. As soon as we had to say goodbye at the station, and of course lots of goodbye kisses, I felt that familiar ache that I had experienced the first time I had met someone and fallen for them. I was sad to say goodbye and I missed Jace as soon as he left, but with the promise of a visit soon (we have a date, but for privacy reasons, I am not going to publish it here) and a week to spend together.

I'm finally happy and I feel so safe and secure. I am Jace's girl and I will do everything I can to make sure that the past doesn't repeat itself ever again.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)