For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Monday 10 June 2013

ARGH!!

I've not really felt myself last weekend, maybe it explains why all I have really wanted to do is sleep while my hand (which has the rash I get as my body's attempt to make me admit that I feel absolutely rubbish) has driven me up the wall again. I get this rash every time I get some kind of infection that affects me on a systemic level, its something I have been getting since my teens. It usually starts with some small hives which then progresses to tiny fluid filled blisters. Usually the best thing for them is a hefty dose of every antihistamine I have access to (usually a cocktail of Hydroxicine (which I usually avoid during the day as it conks me out), loratadine and citirizine) and obviously treating the underlying infection. I have been struggling to shake this thing off completely since the middle of last month after 6 months of one infection that refused to budge and landed me in hospital more times than I care to mention.

I hate it because usually, I get about a month of being alright without any infections driving me up the wall then something else always seems to manage to find it's way in. This has not been helped by the general public's habit of not covering mouths when they cough or sneeze (seriously it's like no one has ever heard of the old adage of "Coughs and sneezes spread diseases") and the fact that my immune system is up there with dragons and pixies in the list of mythical things because of the constant need for oral steroids and my lungs being the weakest part of my body. I'd be lying if I say that I don't find this kind of thing frustrating but I think that I have always preferred the "Shit happens, deal with it" approach. I think that it helps when even your pets come to see that everything is alright (this is why we love Kibou, hes a sensitive little soul really) and comes to give some much needed snuggles. They really do take the monotony away and make the day seem better.

I aim to spend the next few days putting some new music on my iPod, watching some films and maybe even some of my favourite anime series. Right now I am getting back in to Full Metal Alchemist which is one anime I could watch and watch again. It is a sad story of two brothers who lost their mother and tried to resurrect her with the science of alchemy, but forgetting the most important rule, nothing can be gained without having to give something up in return. To the elder brother, Edward, he finds out the hard way that alchemy can cost you an arm and a leg and he wants to do what he can to get his lost limbs back by trying to seek out the legendary Philosophers Stone. Its a good story, but it has a sad undertow of love, loss and family. I loved it because it really had moments that evoked emotions and made you actually care about the characters. I have also been watching some old films that I hadn't watched in a while, one of which was "Space Jam". I loved that when I was a kid and watching it again as an adult was a delight. I think I got a lot of the jokes better and I really enjoyed watching it, I used to have it on video when I was younger and I always loved watching it and probably drove people mad with it, and Titanic!

I guess the main thing that I am happy about is that the flat upstairs is once again empty (until the next colourful individual moves in) and the nightmare from the guy we had up there. So yeah, I think I am in some kind of recovery from it all, probably from the stress of that guy.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)