For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Wednesday 8 August 2012

New Tenancy...

It's a new day and its probably one of the things that I have been looking forward to the most. Today is the day that I sign a new Tenancy Agreement for my flat. Its not going to change anything big, but it does mean that the flat is completely and utterly my own and any attempts to usurp it again will be an exercise in futility (and stupidity). It was surreal to see the form that was filled out when we applied for this property. My handwriting was a little messier than usual (but I had been recovering from a broken hand still and now have only just rehabilitated my hand), but the reasons that we had been in such a high priority for the housing (and I still am) were so simple that they were in black and white, my disabilities were adversely affected by the accommodation that we had been living in. No other reason or anything else contributed.

Now, had I have been the one to vacate the property, my tenancy officer explained that as the property was known as "adapted", then the remaining tenant, who would NOT have been entitled as he did NOT have any kind of disability whatsoever, would not have been able to keep the property as the council didn't have, and still don't, a duty to house him. He would have had to have left the property and gone back to his father's squalid hole. Now he seems to think that I used him to get this property, but neither us, nor the housing officer who has all the information to how the property was obtained, nor the other parties involved are able to see where or how that has come about. All we can see is a little boy who isn't getting his own way and throwing a massive temper tantrum. A lot of people who know us both mutually think that hes childish and frankly pathetic, trying to cause stress and injustice because he knows he screwed up and doesn't really want to face up to it.

Interestingly enough, he has been giving me all the evidence I need (through his blogs, his spiteful comments on my blog and the "charming" emails he has sent me) to actually go through with a case for harassment (with which could carry with it either hefty fines or even prison sentences) which, if I did pursue it, and if it does carry on, you can bet I will pursue it as we even have a crime number from the local police who are monitoring the situation fully, could give him such a black mark on his CRB check that he would never ever get the clearance to work with vulnerable adults or children, which in turn would make it impossible for him to EVER work in the teaching sector. What I don't get is that he sent me an email telling me not to contact him and that he wants nothing to do with me, but why is he still trying to snipe and cause trouble with blogs? But that is beside the point, this blog is about a triumph and a win that I think everyone knew there was little to no chance of it not happening.

So here we are, and here I am with a copy of the new agreement. We are triumphant and delighted that our home is not at risk and both Becky and myself have shown what can be achieved when you go by the books and do everything I have to. I am happy and I have achieved everything I have set out to do on this kind of thing. This is proof of a "happily ever after" and a second chance at life which I never believed possible. So I leave you now with the proof that all things can come right even at times of emotional distress or even when someone wants to attempt to make me unhappy or scared.

Loves
Wendy xx

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)