For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Saturday 4 August 2012

3 Years in The Making...

OK so I have finally started the series of 2 hour appointments with my tattoo artist, Jake. It was nice to get back in touch and I really enjoyed the banter. You see, Jake and I began work on a tattoo over 3 years ago. This tattoo was going to be my biggest celebration of something that has been a huge part of my life ever since I can remember. Until today, we have only had 4 hours worth of work done on it, but I had been in love with it so after 3 years, you can almost feel my anticipation as I walked in to the studio and attended my appointment.

It is fair to say, for me, the preparations needed for body modification can be demanding and at times difficult. Before I can even attend my appointment, I have to increase certain supplements and some medications as well as tweak my diet and other things to ensure that my body doesn't shut down or anything else which could make the whole experience unpleasant. I can't go to an appointment unless I have got no other problems and I have had a good nights sleep before hand. The morning of the appointment is spent washing and cleansing the skin, paying particular attention to the area that is going to be tattooed, as well as other areas which are prone to smelling.

I know that may sound a bit strange, but tattoo artists appreciate these things. I mean they work closely with people, and the last thing they would want is to have to sit and work on someone who smells like they haven't seen a shower in the last year. That and it really is common courtesy really, alone with popping a breath mint or two. If you are courteous and polite to people, they tend to be the same back, its one thing I have come to know about how things work. And building a good relationship with your tattooist can be very important, especially if you are going to work with them for a while on a long term project, such as a sleeve.

The actual apointment went well, even if it was a bit more painful that I was expecting. I was good though. I sat for the full 2 hours and didn't mind at all. I will be the first to admit that I had forgotten just how draining it can be to sit for 2 hours while your skin is being essentially traumatised. Tattooing does cause some damage to the surface layer of the skin, but its because you are injecting precise designs of pigment in to the skin and things do become a bit tender and understandably very sore. In the sitting, Jake worked very hard and refreshed the whole tattoo which covers my entire right bicep, as well as working in other things, like a splash of colour and some very wonderful detailing.

Now Jake has a bit of a waiting list, but that is because he is one of the most popular tattoo artists in the area, but from the 8th of January, I am going to be having regular sittings with him until down my arm is a beautiful, colourful and inspiring sleeve featuring my favourite characters and creatures from the game series. I'm pleased with the work as yet and when its all done, I am going to proudly show it off, heck, I even want to be proud of it when I am old and grey, probably riding a mobility scooter with a custom paint job! Yeah, I am still a crazy, arty little lady who enjoys her life and is proud of everything they achieved.

Things are on the up and I have to say I am happy with how they are. I have a wonderful group of friends around me, these people have been there through it all. I live with Becky, who I think is as close to me as a blood relative and I love her to pieces and I have Jace, a man who knows I have some problems and yet doesn't see them as anything other than quirks and doesn't see me as below him. I'm lucky that I have a 2nd chance. I know now that moment when I woke up after almost losing my life was the moment when I was really going to start down the path I am walking now. I guess sometimes it takes a little trip to the edge to start the process of rising from the ashes.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)