For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Sunday 12 August 2012

Last night was an odd one. I had gone to bed around 11 originally, but due to a pain and difficulty in breathing, I was awake again by half past 12. So I ventured back in to the living room and was soon joining in with Becky in a bit of Model Madness! It is something of an open secret that my home is populated with many models of characters from my favourite games or anime series. It can be amusing to sometimes gather a small collection of characters and a camera and just have a good time in composing and shooting amusing images.

RAWER!! ONWARD!!
Becky had been using some of my Final Fantasy XIII models to compose more serious and characteristic pictures, whereas I was more interested in amusing myself with some more humorous images with one of my newer models, Raiden. Raiden is an interesting character and one who I was finding amusement with props (such as his assortment of accesories and other small objects in the room) and other characters, from other Final Fantasy XIII characters or even my small plush toy of Scar, who has been with me ever since a family holiday to Florida. I think the way I managed to perch Raiden on there was definitely worth it and it made both of us smile because he looked so contented riding on a lion. Scar was my favourite character in the Lion King and Raiden is one of the more interesting characters in Metal Gear.

Call me cute again. I dare you.
Hunting
This image was well lit (with Becky's booklight and against the right background. I wanted to make it look as though Raiden was hunting someone down. ready to make his kill. I wanted to make a small model look bigger than he actually was (considering that the actual model is about 15cm tall) and I wanted to almost bring him in to a lifelike scale. The clever thing with photography is that you can use perspective or other clever things to make something look a certain way. I love playing with perspective and props to give the characters and models life. There are times when I do wonder if the models do talk back to me, even though we know full well that it is impossible. But with photography and some lighting effects you can really make it seem so. Even if that is just a kind of fantasy or imagination, but each one has it's own personality and character and they all come to life in their own way. Sometimes my models provided me some kind of solace when I was feeling low. Even if they were just plastic models that just require a cleaning every week.

Another thing I wanted to show was the new agreement for my tenancy. This is the result of hard work and goes to show that when things are done properly and not by assumption that things can be done. As I had been the only tenant to live at the property for over a year (yes my ex's name was on the original agreement, but his side of the tenancy would have been at severe risk as he was not using the property as his home for over a year and had he received the flat by any kind of injustice then he would have been recharged for the rent, council tax and maintenance costs, of which that half I would have been refunded as I had paid them, the words of the tenancy team) the housing team all backed me and awarded me the property. When this agreement was signed on the 8th, I knew at that point that I was safe and I wasn't going to lose my home. I think we must have squealed and jumped around for about an hour after the signature. Now the old tenancy ends in under 2 hours. After midnight tonight, my ex will have absolutely NO right to the property and I can go on with my life and forget this farce, enjoy my home (and my lovely garden) for as long as I reside here. Yes this may seem smug, but knowing that we won and no one can take this away from us. My next aim in life is to do an OU course and my piercing course. I want to do these things and I am dedicated to what I want to do. Maybe one day, I can finish my HND and carry on getting my own life back on track.

I can thank my brother, my Pops, Becky, Jace and Nathaniel and Tom for all their help, support and council. Without those people I don't think this would have been at all possible and I think I would have fallen back in to my old role of the submissive one. They reminded me that when something is worth fighting for then you should go ahead and do it, say "You know what, just you try it and see how far you will get, but don't blame me when you look even more foolish".

Loves
Wendy xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)