For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Tuesday 7 January 2014

First Blog of 2014

I haven't been blogging recently and to be honest, I believe that I should explain why. Things have changed so much over the last couple of months and to be honest it has been a heck of a shock to me. First after Becky moved out and I had to get rid of one of my carers because they were doing things that were not right and thinking that they were in the right (yeah, confusing I know.), a rather unpleasant time spent in hospital at the endoscopy unit AND then having an unexpected change in my home situation were not all part of the plan I had for the end of the year.

It didn't help that my laptop had a screen issue, because of said neighbour and her child's sticky fingers getting stuff trapped in the LCD, while I was trying to fix that, I was startled by S trying her best to give me EVERY pen that she could find in the flat (bear in mind, that is a LOT of pens) and making me slip up and tear the ribbon that connected the LCD to the motherboard which I can't even begin to say how much I was annoyed. This wasn't helped that Currys couldn't fix it, and I almost got caught out by a shop of scam artists and then it transpired that it had to go right back to Toshiba for repairs (which then identified a motherboard issue which was probably a manufacturing fault and was repaired for free). This was a pain in the arse to be honest and it took a long time to put it right. Morale of the story? When conducting repairs on electronics, lock the door and wear ear plugs.

Then there was the awkwardness of having to dismiss S because I found out that she had been actually trying to take me for a ride. Little things like money were going missing and then every week she would come in, demand more money from me (by the end she was trying to fleece £400 a month off me for doing pretty much nothing but sitting around drinking my coffee and using me as some kind of childcare service) and then getting Natt (who was more than willing) to take over full time. Since then, there was an incident in which Natt found himself homeless and needed a place to crash so he has been staying here with me since the end of November, but this is only a temporary thing, but I don't want to spoil the surprise we have in store.

I spent Christmas this year with Jace and his family, which as always was absolutely fantastic. I loved how well we could just lie and watch films and not have to worry about a thing. I feel really safe with Jace and we have a really happy and wonderful relationship. We respect each other and when one feels the need for time alone, we don't argue the toss about it. I think I prefer relationships which are... uncomplicated. Its nice that we have each other and well, I wouldn't ever want to trade what we have for the world because we are so happy and even if the distance does bother us sometimes, it's OK because we appreciate the time we get together. 

New year came and went and I spent it with Natt and Bean, playing games, watching films and staying up past midnight to watch the fireworks on TV. Simple and very enjoyable, Natt and Bean were occupied with the X-Box while I was playing with my newest toy (a Christmas present), my PS3. I have been spending some time "bonding" with my PS3 and have been suckered in to buying films on Blu-ray. I have to say, watching Beauty and The Beast in high definition, I can honestly say it does make a difference, even on my rather small TV (compared to Natt's 50 inch monster) and I was finding little details that I had missed previously. My next big one to enjoy is Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete, but I am waiting for a good opportunity to crack that one out...(alright so I did watch just the amazing climatic battle so I could have a good perv, so sue me!). Maybe I can use my recent infections as a reason to just veg on the sofa with some good films.

Riza's kids are growing up. In fact they actually look like young bunnies now. I have split them up in to pairs (as they are all girls) and have spaced them out within the cages. As a result, the young guinea pigs are being licked by young bunnies (in their pairing is Lola, the lickiest bunny I have ever encountered) which is amusing to watch, it's not a permanent solution but right now it seemed the best idea as poor Riza was really losing it when all 6 of them went in to feeding frenzy all at once and wanted to suckle. They're fully weaned now, but I think that the 2 with her like to suckle for comfort more than feeds.It;s amusing to watch them all developing their own little characters and personalities.

I guess that's all that I can say has been happening recently but hey, I never said it was a glamorous life!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)