For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Saturday 21 September 2019

New Laptop and Old Infection

So, a few weeks ago, I went to start up my laptop. I'd had the laptop now for nearly 7 years which considering that the avarage lifespan of a laptop tends to be about 5 years was a good long usage life. Well it decided that the Hard Drive had had enough and completely corrupted and stopped working totally. Of course I was a bit put out by all this. Who wouldn't be? I use my computer for a number of different things from art to making my MikuMikuDance videos, gaming and generally communicating with the outside world. My laptop is basically like a way of running my life and things I do. I never realised it but I rely on a laptop more than ever these days. When it broke, it was like I had lost a way of doing the things I enjoy and the way of managing things like my banking or my social media things. It felt strange. Not "oh my god how will I ever cope?" but just odd.

I was worrying though as laptops, like most things out there, aren't cheap. Especially when you want one to do certain tasks. I could have gone down the gofundme or using other crowdfunding options. That didn't settle well wth me. I think things like gofundme are for charity, like medical equipment or helping someone who is dying to achieve a dream or pay for a funeral and not for someone who could easily save up to get a creature comfort. I managed to save up some money and get myself a new laptop from a store online for a decent price. I usually have Toshiba laptops, starting in 2006 with my Equium A100 to the last one which was a Satallite Pro, so it was a new way around by getting a Lenovo Ideapad instead. So far though I am very impressed with this smart little machine and I'm noticing things are working a lot better (its running my games and MMD software a lot more fluidly and with little to no lagging) and its becoming something that I am happy to have treated myself to. And it's already getting the sticker treatment too (Decepticon insignia is a must).

I am glad though that I shopped around before making a choice of what machine to get. I did initially think of getting it from Argos. Then I decided to get on my tablet and research it. What was a good laptop that was under a certain amount and I found something that is twice as good as my old computer was and actually cheaper than my old one was back when I got it. The moral of the story, don't go for the first thing you see. Shop around. Look at specifications and compare. Get what will be able to run and use everthing you want it to do. What I do with my laptop may not be the same thing that someone else uses theirs for.

OK so I did need some talking in to it and reminding that it wasn't selfish to get myself something nice. Strange mental thing I end up with is convincing myself that it would be wrong to get something for myself that I wanted, stems from a low self esteem I think. So I am now once more poised to start making new and better videos, better and more photo filled blogs and if my lungs still misbehave and I end up you know where, I am set there too (I take my laptop and external HDD with me so I can amuse myself with TV series, films and other things to keep myself sane).

As I mentioned though, my lungs are being awkward again. I have just finished a 2 week course of antibiotics (Co amoxiclav/Levofloxacin) and things are pretty much as much as they were, maybe the coughing has gotten worse and I am struggling a bit more when doing stuff. The coughing is probably whats wearing me down the most as its a labourious thing. Trying to cough up the gunge that is deep down at the bases of my lungs and it doesn't like to shift easily because of the scarring and the stiffness that leaves my airways with. It doesn't help that I tend to stay in one position most of the night when I sleep which means that the mucous and secretions tend to pool so when I do actually move its like in a cartoon when a house gets picked up and thrown about.

I'm finding things a bit harder though. Even things like getting up to shower can really be tiring. I managed it with help but it left me feeling tired and pained (my sides are being the worst at the moment as everything is strained and sore. I think we may need to go back to the drawing board on the infection front. There are two options usually, go in (yeah theres a can of worms to open...) or see what home interventions we can try (usually home IVs or something like that). It's not the most pleasant but I would rather try and manage at home rather than lying in a hospital bed where sleep is the most difficult thing to try/

I'll call the doctor on Monday and see what we can do. I'll keep you posted.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)