For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Wednesday 17 June 2015

A Brief Respite.

I made a heck of a trip over the weekend, well, its one I have done a few times and I actually kind of enjoy it sometimes. I went to Blackpool to spend time with Jace as we are trying to make this more of a regular thing, the whole seeing each other and spending time just being happy. Its nice to have a good enough grip on thats happening and what my body needs so that when I do travel, I have enough of everything with me, in a kind of mobile pharmacy or something like that. Obviously, I always carry copies of relevant paperwork and a repeat prescription (just in case I need to let any medical staff aware or say if for some reason I was ever searched as I carry CDs with me). I also have to make sure that I book oxygen, cancel carers and make sure that my furry friends are taken care of.

Obviously as well, when I do go out places, I like to make sure that I have booked things like tickets and assistance where possible because it makes the trip all that much easier. Usually at the station this is in the form of someone coming to meet me, help me get off the trains and on to my connections. Yesterday I was upgraded to 1st Class because they had already got someone in the wheelchair spaces in Standard. I actually really liked it and can see why some people prefer to travel that way. Free internet, a snack box (which has some really tasty stuff in) and a hot cup of tea are just part of the service. I traveled from Birmingham New Street to Preston in comfort so it can't be all bad! I, as usual, gazed dreamily out of the window, in my own little realm where I was listening to music and just taking in the world as it rushed by (mostly up through fields and railway sidings) and mulled over the days before and the days ahead. One major perk with being out here, well beside the obvious of getting to spend time with Jace, is that I am away from the usual crap that I have been putting up with.

Yeah... that guy upstairs is getting worse and the council are still dragging their heels and he isn't engaging with them to resolve the issue. The problem is that when the two upstairs flats start a noise war, I am stuck below them both and have to put my own music on so that I don't have to listen to it. Obviously I enjoy my music but I don't like bothering other people with it. I thought that perhaps we had come to something of an understanding with "if I keep mine down, you keep yours down." kind of agreement. But this guy isn't playing ball and he is acting like a teenage brat (despite looking and probably being a lot older than I am) and the lady on the other side seems to just fuel it. I am going to make sure that this ends sooner rather than later because I don't think it fair that someone can make another feel that way because they think its their right.

The problem is that unless you have dealt with this situation yourself, it is hard to explain how miserable it can leave you. When this starts up, it often wakes me up (I don't sleep so well when I have a lung infection which really makes it worse) and has started earlier than 7am before now. Obviously if it's been a bad night then I only get something like 4-5 hours of sleep and sometimes I even get less depending on how much junk is in my lungs. So I get woken up and whenever I try and get some rest to try and get some energy back, it starts up and disturbs me again. Sometimes this happens regularly for periods of time throughout the day, despite him trying to say its occasionally for under an hour (this guy really tried but we got evidence that proved him to be a liar). It's been quite maddening and I am not surprised that while I sit here listening to the waves and birdsong, I feel calm. For the first time in days I am calm and contented. I'm enjoying this feeling and the peace around me is doing me some good. At least that's what I think anyway.

When I left Redditch on Sunday afternoon it was grey and wet. I arrived here in Blackpool I caught one of the most magnificent sunsets I had seen in a while, the sun setting behind the rollercoaster, almost making it a silhouette. I had to capture the shot before we headed back to Jace's place. I didn't do too badly on the stairs to his room either, well I did OK for me, desaturated to 90% on 4l but got my breath back carefully. I felt better after having a rest, some meds and then settling in with Jace for the evening. I have started a few things rollng so hopefully I can reveal more pretty soon but this is going to make me happy if we can do this and it could spell improvements for me in more ways than one. I had a nice time there, but I always do. Jace is more than able to (and willing) assist me when I don't feel well, I had a fever on and off during my time there but Jace was kind and gentle and helped keep me cool and encouraged me to sleep if I needed to.

In all, I am really happy right now and nothing or no one will be able to change that or take it away from me. Purely for the reason that I won't let them.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)