For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Friday 9 January 2015

Back Home

I've been home for a few days now and just getting back in to my own routines and trying to keep fighting this infection. Its a nasty one and its been stubborn on my lungs probably due to the abscessing which happened because it was so prolonged but the problem is, I get so far with it then suddenly it decides that it won't respond to what I'm taking. It's baffled us all and we really don't know what we have to work with. All we can do is keep bashing and bashing on with it and hopefully the consultants can figure out a long term plan.

One thing we did at the hospital this time was play around with my meds. We swapped out the tramadol for Zomorph, a long acting morphine capsule. The idea is to get a constant pain relief level so that I only need Oramorph, which is short acting, for "breakthrough" relief. The only real thing I don't like about it is that every so often I feel so sleepy! Admittedly sometimes a good sleep does wonders but its a bit annoying when halfway through the day I kind of just flop and wake up hours later thinking "OK... Where'd the afternoon go?!" I am really comfortable though so that is at least something isn't it?

I think the best part of being back in my own home is the comfort and warmth of my own bed. I was brought a lovely new duvet for Christmas with pretty black satin sheets (very ritzy and posh) by my mum and my friends made my bed up for me for when I got back. It was lovely to come back home to and right away I felt settled and happy. My friends are amazing. They have been pampering me since getting back and making sure I want for nothing. I was also spoiled rotten while I was in which picked me up so much. Its nice to know you're appreciated. It was also nice to pick up my drawing stuff (I brought some new stuff as my old stuff was running out) and get back in to drawing. Admittedly I have been drawing Pokémon (after catching them on X and Y) but its fun.

I think out of everything recently, I have been besotted with my 3DS. I got it last year and its always played on and I really get pleasure from it. I think I spent more time playing on it in hospital than I did anything else really. It serves as a great distraction and between all the games, it passes the time. Sometimes a distraction can help you when it comes to pain or generally feeling crap. More for the reason that if my mind wanders, I can relax and let my body do the same.

My drawings are a healthy outlet for me as well. When I draw, I almost feel the creatures come alive under my pen, even if it is just my imagination. While drawing Haunter earlier, I could have sworn he winked as I was colouring in his hands and every so often I imagine that Lapras or Bulbasaur made noises from my other book (its my imagination but it makes me smile because these fantasy creatures come to life, even if not for real), and since Pokémon is a colourful world, my drawings are colourful and bright. It does cheer my moods as well because seeing a world of colour is important, I face each day with both eyes open wide and ready to embrace it, for all the challenges to the really happy stuff like spending time with people I love or just being here with my pets.

Speaking of, my pets are as barmy as ever, Tiggy is such a happy boy at the moment, popcorning himself around the cage and the other two just watching him. I wonder sometimes what Scruff would have looked like had he not died so soon, I wonder if he would still be on top of Tenzou like a wig? And other amusing antics.

So, here's to a new year!

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)