Since breaking my arm at the weekend (and doing it properly as is typical of me) I've had to adapt to yet again, life with the use of one arm. I've now broken my left arm twice and my right hand once. Being right handed meant that having it immobile for 6 weeks was easily the biggest pain in the ass going.
How this came about was quite funny really, a perfect Wendy moment which to those close to me, is really not surprising in the slightest. I was pottering round as always and had settled to play on Twitter for a bit. After saying goodbye I got up to make tea and get ready for what would have been a fun evening. Instead, my foot caved and I went flying, landing by the guinea pigs who wheeked at me.
I had thought it was a muscle injury but no, its broken and badly at that so 6 weeks in a cast from my hand to my armpit. Much like the one when I was 13 and had fallen off my bike.
So the 10 hardest jobs are:
1. Cleaning out guinea pigs, theyre fast and are a 2 handed job.
2. Bathing. Can't get the cast wet, can't bend my arm.
3. Brushing my hair. Hair bands don't work one handed.
4. Cooking anything harder than a can of baked beans.
5. Making the bed and putting on a duvet cover.
6. Dialing the telephone. Awkward.
7. The supermarket shop. Pushing trollies is hard 2 handed. Then theres carrying it in.
8. Dressing. You need 2 hands. You really do.
9. Mail. Again didn't expect that.
10. Washing the dishes. One handed, its a pain, it really is.