For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Thursday 25 October 2018

Autumn Cleaning.

I've always liked autumn. The colourful foliage and the hazy sunshine always feels much better after a long and hot summer. This summer was just uncomfortable and far far too hot for my liking. I mean, it's alright if you want to lie there in as little as possible while feeling like you're melting but it's not really my idea of fun. So I'm actually glad that the summer has ended and autumn has officially begun.

OK so that means that winter is coming and that usually means that my lungs can strop and will strop. I think I did really well though to manage 18 months without an admission, pretty impressive but there were times when really I should have but just didn't want to be sat around waiting for hours, usually for a bed on a ward which obviously has its own set of challenges for me. I'm a very private person and need to be able to shut myself away from others because being around people all the time stresses me out. I'm not sure why that is, but it is what it is really. My lungs have been twitchier than usual and that usually doesn't bode well for me. I think there's a number of things that are potentially making it happen but as for what they are, I'm not entirely sure. I think maybe the sudden cold wetness has had an Impact, I've been doing my best to just lay low for now when work on getting things under some kind of control. I have a lot of things in the upcoming weeks, not to mention that my birthday is coming up soon as well as Christmas. I've not made any particular plans as yet but I'm sure that will change sooner rather than later.

One thing that comes in autumn is bonfire night and that always means that there's backyard bonfires, fireworks and everything in between. I have never been one for fireworks but the smoke from chimneys, bonfires and even people smoking while out on the street can be bothersome to us asthmatics, I personally find it galling to see people abusing their healthy lungs while there's plenty of people who would love and cherish a set of good clean lungs that actually did what they were made to do! I tend to ask people to stand away if they're smoking because not only is it a huge trigger but with my oxygen.. well it doesn't take a genius to know the outcome of that.

The one thing that I have been doing is bonding with the new boys. It never ceases to surprise me how diverse their personalities are. I've been getting to know my floofies and work out what they like and dislike. I have found that Marik likes to cling to me like a limpet and coos when he gets tickled. Out of the two, he was the more skittish, 2 years of very little human attention can do that to a guinea pig. His fur is getting fluffier as well and he's just so docile. Bakura is crazy. He runs around squealing, generally being a young guinea pig. I do wish he could stay this small forever though! He's a palmful of soft floof.

I've also been sorting cards, making some decks and practicing with them. Between us, we have some amazing decks and can't wait to use them and their strategies. But we are having a clear out as we have literally too many cards! (Because apparently that's a thing?) All joking aside though it's going to be a fun few days to sort out what we want and what we don't (I do mean the "roll eyes" kind of fun) but it's something you need to do every once in a while, clear out the nest a bit, put some items on eBay perhaps and make room. I'd like to start up a custom pig enclosure in the new year for the boys so that would be a fun project.

I guess keeping busy has been a part of how I stay sane in some really less than sane situations! I never like oversharing on Facebook about every single bump or bruise. The older I get, the more that I find it more fun to post interesting things I've done in the day or ideas I have about things, drawings, things I've made. That kind of thing. Celebrate life's victories and achievements and sod anything else really because in a year's time, you'll remember the better things you did and the bumps and bruises you get along the way will have healed and probably disappeared completely, so why worry?

What did an experience teach you? What happens now as you move forward?

Remember one thing, if I've ever taught anyone anything it's that no matter how many times I may have fallen down (be it my fault or anyone else's), I haven't failed because I always got back up and kept going. There's been times when I've come close, heck I won't shy away from the fact that I've sat there more than once with a load of things there and I've just wanted it to end and to go to sleep. I've been there. I've got scars to prove it. But the reminder is that I survived. I've reached milestones that no one believed I could. And I will keep doing that because there's still plenty of life in me.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)