For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Sunday 18 December 2016

Rough Week...

Treatment for certain conditions can be confusing. Heck, I find my asthma as confusing as anything else and its weird, not even the doctors or nurses really understand it and why its being so difficult. Basically for years it has been bounced around more times than a rubber bouncy ball between different doctors, nurses, hospitals and everywhere else in between. 

Since October, there has been a bit of a spike in my usage and that in itself could a sign of things being out of whack and something that needs desperately looking in to. Why are things so much more difficult at the moment? I have no idea, I have constant infections near enough and I am struggling with things like getting up and going for a pee (yes, going for a pee is actually quite physical apparently) or even eating/drinking.

When I was started with o2, I was given it to use as I was generally going around and doing my thing. Up to 16 hours per day and not at night. Then several admissions and several different people saying different things later they then said that I as probably benefiting from it overnight but, as usual another person disagrees and it all goes up in the air again (excuse the pun) and as usual the respiratory nurses leave everyone baffled. Lather, rince, repeat. The one thing that has come of all the confusion is that we finally are getting the sleep study done by the local hospital. I'm not 100% sure on how this will go but if we can get concrete evidence then that's our lives made easier.

At the moment though I'm pretty much in quarrentine as I'm on home IVs. Basically no going out and limiting people coming in, not because of what I could give but because of what I could catch, especially with an open IV line (basically direct access to my bloodstream) and the impact that could have on me. It hasn't been plain sailing either due to my twitchy veins and the fact that I am just so tired as well (apparently getting up at 4 in the morning to neb and clear rubbish off my chest is becoming a norm for us). Jace has been wonderfully patient as always and he has been helping so much with the management of my illnesses and keeping my spirits up as well. 

We lost one of our pigs this week as well which was sad really. Kaiba had a number of health complications himself and had developed an eye ulcer which his poor little body just couldn't fight anymore. It was heartbreaking as he fought as hard as he could to get through it but unfortunately, he passed away knowing he was loved and that in doing so, the pain would be over and he would be free. Unfortunately that has left us with a guinea pig shaped hole to fill and Yugi needs a new friend, something we will be sorting out after Christmas. Until then he has been lapping up extra attention and fuss as well as being given plenty of things to nibble and enjoy. He is a good little pig really, he just needs some company as guinea pigs are social animals by nature. It's never easy when you lose a pet, this is the first one we've lost since moving here but I think that deep down, it was the best thing for Kaiba as he was going to lose that eye and would have never survived afterwards.

I guess that other than Jace and I getting in to a new game, there hasn't really been much going on here. I will write a bit more on the new game we discovered, the Final Fantasy Opus TCG game (the cards... just wow....) but for now, I think I shall leave it here and see where the next week takes us. 

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)