For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Saturday 22 August 2015

From Oddworld with Love

Finally! I got off my backside and re-did the banner for the blog! Well, all I really had to do was change the name after the title but it is now done. Gradually moving everything over to Jordan, just as I did when I changed my name the first time. I am happier now that my name has changed as I feel like it's something of a fresh start as it were. No, it doesn't change much of my situation but it makes me feel closer to my family again and that is what I really wanted the most after all. It does still feel strange but its like when I was getting used to writing Bostock instead of Fullard. Its a bit of a habitual thing and when I get in to the swing of it, that's when I will do what comes naturally.

I guess that is kind of what life is about in a way, getting used to new things and it is good to change a situation to what works best for you.

Don't you just hate those days when you really feel like you've been dragged up from the grave? I have been feeling like this for a few days (since finishing my last course of antibiotics) and well, I feel really rough! See this always happens, I go on a course of antibiotics (usually either Augmentin + Clarithromycin/ Levofloxacin) for a while and after a week or so, things start shifting. The problems begin when I finish the course. For the first couple of days everything is OK and I don't feel too rough but by the end of the week its like being back at the beginning again! It's really frustrating and its like never getting off of the endless treadmill of getting sick, get a little better, get really sick again. Doesn't help that the neighbour and his dance music was making me miserable as well, although the last few days have been quieter (apart from work being done but I can't grumble too much about that kind of thing after all) which has been appreciated.

I've been giving my poor little Bumble-baby extra cuddles and affection recently since he lost his brother. He has been really shy since and every time the music starts, the poor little boy keeps crying because it frightens him. Its a shame because he really is missing Tigger and I can tell it bothers him quite a lot. I have been giving him more attention and feeding more greens to everyone (including myself) which has been a nice change. The cute thing about today was when I was going to the shop, I opened the back door as usual and got a wheeking to say "NOO!! Don't leave us!!" from Bumble and when I returned I treated everyone to some green pepper (yes, they LOVE it) and I think I was forgiven. Although I am a bit concerned that Bumble is getting really clingy towards me, it reminds me why I had to get Patch a cage-mate because he was getting stressed and lonely (then again that time he spent away from me didn't help, Patch was always a bit of a Momma's boy). Today I let Loki (the softest bunny I have ever met) and Bumble have some floor time together. I wasn't testing to see if they could be bonded because housing a guinea pig and a rabbit together is about as advisable as keeping your child in a tank of piranhas (being a lot bigger, the rabbit tends to dominate the guinea pig and bully them out of food, kick them across the cage or peeing on them) but because they both looked like they wanted to come out and play. 

It was quite funny to watch them playing together, although I got an inkling that Loki is scared of Bumble despite the fact he is so much smaller. Although there was no fights or aggression between the two which was a relief for me. I also had a moment where I got to cuddle with Loki who was lying in my arms like a little baby (so cute!) and letting me stroke his paws softly. There are times where Loki has driven us mad (bar biting mainly) but hes a nice bun really. Very sweet and loving.

Its weird, he's been gone for a long time, but out of all the pigs I have ever had, Patch is the one who I had the closest bond with, Hope and Daj were joint second I think. When we first met, I had just lost one of my hamsters and I was in a bit of a mess because of stuff going on at home. I needed something to hold on to and love, and love me back. Zeke was a sweet hammie for the time I had him but he wasn't really the "pick up and stroke" kind of pet that I like. I went in to the shop and he was the last guinea pig. No one wanted him because he was a "Rex" breed rather than a "Satin". When I saw him, I loved him right away. We were both lonely and both needed someone to take care of us. We had each other. When I used to come home from College, I would come in to the entry (back when I had my old place and I lived in an attic) and I would get up the first stairs and I would hear him wheek. Getting louder as I went through the door and up the 2nd lot of stairs. Loudest when I was standing on the small landing between my room and bathroom. It was nice to have someone happy to say "Welcome home!"

I've been trying to keep my mind off things though. Maybe its been because I feel lousy that I have wanted to game more and more. I tend to like to game when I have been feeling unwell because it acts as a distraction. I am not running away from my issues by any stretch of the imagination, but by offering myself a way of not thinking about it, I can clear my head and keep it from becoming overwhelmed by frustration. Sometimes I watch films. Sometimes I draw. Other times, I write or come up with more ideas for stuff. When I do chose to play games though, I find that a game that is enveloping and imaginative will keep me occupied for several hours at a time. It's even better when they remake and revive something nostalgic. If you follow me on Facebook or Steam, you'll know that I treated myself to "Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty", a ground up remake of the PSX classic "Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey". 

The whole premise of the original game was to lead Abe and his friends from a meat factory, get ancient blessings from the local wild  life, oh and fart on command (as a kid, that was the funniest thing about the game). Rediscovered again, it was like being a kid again and I am enjoying it. Although the screams of "I SAID JUMP YOU BLUE BASTARD!!" have been a bit of fun for anyone watching and having to master the gamespeak again (annoyingly trying NOT to make a load of mudokens follow you through electric fences or meat saws). The original games were tough and they didn't spare that to make the new version, one thing I am thankful about really as one thing I liked about the original (as well as the farting and the later game's new skill of fart possession ("No other game has it, no other game wants it") and possessing other creatures as well as Sligs) was the fact that it was not an easy game. If you wanted that "good" ending, you had to really work at it! 

I just hope that they do the same for "Abe's Exodus" which was the spin off of Abe. The original "Oddworld Quintology" was centred around Abe's Odyssey, Munch's Odyssey (which didn't do so well), Stranger's Wrath and a 4th game which never came out (probably owing to the catastrophic failure of Munch). They are making a remake of the other Abe game and I for one will be looking forward to more fun on "Oddworld".

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)