For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Thursday 22 May 2014

Bank Holiday Weekend

What can I say? I like to break the mould when it comes to my health and the way I generally live my life. I try and make the best of everything, even on days it is harder than others. Those days, I tend to lay low at home and do things there. Whether its sewing, drawing or spending time with my furry friends. The young pigs are settling in well, and they are each little characters in themselves. Scruffy seems to be the biggest cuddler so far and he likes to lick as well. I brushed his fluff today and he didn't squeak the house down. Bumble explored the sofa and Natt's bed and Tigger has taken to following my senior pig around. I'm a lover of small animals and living with 4 rabbits and 4 guinea pigs is heaven for me. There is something amusing about a young 11 week old guinea pig trying to rumble at Tenzou who is about twice his size (he's nearly 3 years old) and being sat on as a result!

I'm looking forward to next week, I've had the tickets pre-booked and I have booked for oxygen to be delivered there ahead of me and I have my chair. I'm going to spend some time with the one I love in Blackpool. I am counting down the days and can't wait to wheel off the train in to his arms. We had a bit of a long time apart because of my health being so poor and I was spending more time in the local "Hotel de NHS" than anywhere else. I spent most of the last few months on the wards, drinking machine tea and struggling to get my breath. It'll be a nice change to be able to go away and not have to worry too much and not have to be bugged every few hours for obs or meds. It's kind of like a holiday. The best part is finally getting to see Jace because I have missed him terribly and felt like something was missing for so long. Even of I have to travel with a supply to get me there and back, I can accept it, it's going to be just another of those things I have to adjust to and another reason to keep going.

I've been home now for about a week and it's been fantastic. My own bed, my surroundings and coping a million times better than normal. I'd like to say that it was because of a general state of better wellbeing but we all know its because of this new treatment. I think that part of me is worried that they would take it away again but my worries are unfounded. Like when I worried that my nebulisers would be stopped and got myself all in a twist. Luckily Jace and Natt managed to get me to calm down and not walk around without my oxygen to watch the numbers drop as they did. I think I was trying to prove to myself that I needed it, rather than anyone else. I'm stubborn and often need to remind myself (under cover of reminding someone else) that certain things are done for a reason, not for my pleasure or displeasure.

I am feeling a bit run down today. Well since Wednesday really. I called up the doctors like any sensible person would and explained to them my situation. I am one of those patients that they try and get in ASAP. Before knowing it was me (the grim thing is the receptionist knew my voice "is that Wendy Bostock?") the next appointment would have been the 4th June.
Luckily we managed to get one for next Friday afternoon and I was told to wait and speak to a doctor. After a run off of my symptoms, fever, cough, green sludge as well as fatigue and increased asthma, it was agreed right away that I have still got a chest infection. Its funny, doctors know me well enough to know that when I say something's wrong, then something is wrong. I'm not one to make a huge fuss over nothing or "cry wolf" over a slight sniffle. So I'm on some antibiotics and told to really keep a close eye on things.

The funny thing is, had I not had my tanks, I'd have needed to be readmitted which would have been the last thing we wanted. I'm feeling pretty thankful to be able to do what I have wanted to and I am just so much happier. I know that seems to be most of my posts but its been a long time since I felt this well and to be honest, I'm not going to waste any time being miserable or "hard done by".

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)