For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Saturday 2 March 2013

Stuff...

Its been a pretty good week as far as morale has been concerned (admittedly my asthma has been a bit of an issue again but it does that when it feels like it) and I am really very happy with things. We finally did the finishing touches to my laptop's new look (its all purple and sparkly with a Sephiroth decal, very stylish and VERY Wendy) and I spent time with Becky and Jace, which in itself has been the best medicine for me. I love it when Jace comes over because we get to spend time together as a couple and as a group with Becky as well, we don't always do much but we do all enjoy each other's company, and the company of our very loving animals.

The rats have settled in very well now and are content to run around the cage and on top of each other. Dante knows his Mummy is Becky and Virgil is always a little angel for me, sitting in my lap while I stroke him or talk to him. Rats are fascinating creatures to watch, so agile and full of life. It's amusing to sit and watch them play together and they're interesting pets to interact with. By nature, they can be very timid animals and they don't like loud noises. We have to clean them out every 3 days or so because their "leavings" can be catastrophic to someone like myself, but we have our ways around that so all is good.

This morning, we sat in Caffe Nero, as we do most Saturday mornings, and just talked. We talked about story concepts and the general happenings around the flat. We try and keep the negative side of things out of our coffee time as it is a time of pleasure NOT a time for pain or the not so nice side of things. Besides, if we can just spend some time having fun, then at least we're happy knowing that we managed to spend quality time together just doing what we like to. That is what's important to us.

Knowing that I won't be losing any of my benefits has made me feel a lot more secure about things and I know that both mine and Becky's immediate financial futures look secure and safe and it is set to stay that way for years to come. We may not live in luxury, but if you ask me, I think we do very well and we've never had to go without. It's a comfortable life that we lead and for me, it has been a vast improvement to my quality of life as I have been able to get my head around things a little easier. I smile more. I laugh. With the right help, I have been able to go out and do things again and not feel like some kind of invalid shut in. I'm getting even better at getting about with my scooter (getting on and off buses has become something of a party trick) and I really enjoy going for a wander around town these days.

My writing has improved as well, I actually had some drive to start doing so again recently and ever since, I have been carrying a few notebooks and pens, just in case a muse hits me or I have a small idea of something that cannot wait to be written down. As soon as those muses hit, I have to get them in a pure form, lest they become lost in the rest of my thoughts and ideas. Keeping my own diary has helped me as well, it has helped me to track my moods and what has been bothering me, and a good place to work out solutions to problems that I have been mulling over. As a result I have been sleeping better and I wake more prepared for the day ahead. I'd be lying if I said things were perfect, but to be quite honest, I am a lot happier with how my life is now.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)