For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Repairs...

It's been a lovely few days and I have spent them in the company of people who make me feel good about myself and make my life feel like it is worth living still. Jace came to visit and despite the sometimes awkward sleeping arrangements (having a double bed in one room and a futon in the other, (said futon can be a killer on those of us whose backs decide that they HAVE to be sore) and 3 people to accommodate (soon to be 4 of us)) it has been a really enjoyable few days. OK so we haven't really done too much unusual stuff or anything like that, but it was nice to just spend the time together as a group of people.

The fiasco that was the renovation of our bathroom is finally coming to a close, after another painter has finished the job he very kindly agreed to do. You see, the first decorator we had was something of a blundering idiot who watered the magnolia paint so much that it was just like a white wash, it looked absolutely dire. Paint was everywhere, including all over the lovely new fixtures and the window. The gentleman who came to put the work right, a man named Bob has as yet done a fantastic job and when he's finished we are going to have a lovely new bathroom which will be a pleasure to relax and enjoy a hot bath in.

It is times like this that I am actually thankful for my ability to pretty much maintain and fix up most things so that I can do it for myself. That way then if an unsatisfactory job has been done, I only have myself to blame and then I can get on with putting it right. This also means that once the work is completed, I can sit back and smile, knowing that I have done the best I could to get things back to how they should be. My laptop is a shining example of this.

I have had this thing for over 3 years now. In fact it could be getting closer to 4 years, I am not entirely sure. I won't go in to the specifics of why the replacement was needed, but over the years, this laptop has been maintained, and has never been permanently out of use. Yes there was the time when the ribbon for the power-button board had given up on me, but all I needed was some distance, a clear, cool head and of course the wonders of Ebay. I forgot that if you want ANYTHING 9 times out of 10 you can get hold of it through Ebay. My options were:

1. Get a pro to fix my laptop, with a hefty price tag.
2. Replace the laptop completely... (not even going to entertain that one).
3. Get the model numbers of the needed parts, order them and fit them myself, saving a hefty repair bill and having to break in yet another laptop.

Knowing me and how much I enjoy a challenge, I accepted option number 3, ordering 3 new parts at less than £15 each (laptop spares and repairs people are real life savers), including P+P and have been fitting them as soon as they arrive. Today was the replacement power button board (from another L500 series laptop, yet it was identical to what was originally there) and over the next couple of days will be the replacement mouse control board and keyboard. All it needs now is a new LCD panel and a new optical drive. Then my favourite laptop will be up, running and back to it's "out of box" standard.

It's amazing what can be done with a little handiwork and patience. I wish my body could be repaired the same way, but hey, you never know what could happen in a few years.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)