For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Making Sense...

Being me has its disadvantages at times. I am a clumsy sod and I trip up on my own feet, all the time. I had a clumsy moment on my way back from Reigate. I know you are probably wondering, "What the hell was she doing in Reigate?". Well, I was there to see a friend, a kind of kindred spirit who I met by chance.

I'd been looking forward to meeting Becky all week. It was a long, but really rewarding trip. I guess, I can talk about that a bit to start. I got up at the insane hour of 6AM. I haven't actually been up at 6 since I was working at Stafford Hospital. That was about 3 or 4 years ago (you know its been a while when you actually have to spend about 2 minutes trying to work it out!!) and I remember when my mum would have to knock on my bedroom door and try and get me up. Oh I was a bugger! She would come in and pester me until I would finally crawl out of bed, ready for a 7AM 2mile bike ride from our home in Highfields to the hospital. We'd get there and be ready for work for an 7:30AM start. But I digress, I actually attempted this whole getting up early thing.

By 7AM I was at the station in Redditch to get on a train at half past. It got me to Birmingham New Street for about quarter past 8 and I was able to get some tea and something to eat. It's a fatal mistake to give yourself a full tummy when you could happily sleep. The hour and a half journey to London Euston was spent with my head on the table, completely ZONKED! I slept so soundly that the woman opposite me couldn't face having to wake me up as I was so peaceful (and probably snoring like a dragon with a cold!!).

Traveling in London is so much fun, the sights, the sounds, the smells. Theres just so many people and they're all so unique, I didn't feel like a freak at all. I asked for some advice on how to get from Euston to London Bridge (for my connection to Reigate) which was a little more tricky as the Northern Line wasn't running on the one side, so I had to get on the other side to Waterloo and on to the Jubilee Line to London Bridge. It was so unusual as I hadn't been on the Underground since I was a child. It was just so weird traveling around a city by train, being so used to small town life. I guess in some ways I am just a small town girl... (I know that was corny but it is true).

Anyway, I got to Reigate for 5 to 12. By then I'd been traveling nonstop for 4 hours. But when I met Becky at the other end and spent such a fun day exploring and enjoying being shown around her unique and wonderful world. Becky is really a treasure, so sweet and kind and I loved being in her town and the shenanigans with a certain security guard in a supermarket with fun-snaps! Oh, it was like being a teenager again!

The trip back was just as bonkers. And this is where I managed to have my clumsy moment, I was getting off the train and did something to my foot, by the time I got home, it was so swollen and painful and I couldn't put weight on it. It still hurts now, but I think the soft-tissue just needs to heal and it will be fine. I was happy on Sunday when Tom came to see me. Tom is like the Cloud to my Tifa, the hero who sweeps in and saves me when I feel alone or when it hurts he makes it easier. He really is the best thing that ever had happen to me. He's just kind and so wonderful.

For once my life just kind of feels like its coming together and its actually starting to make sense.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)