For life's little ups and downs.

A rather quirky, funny and sometimes daunting look in to the life of someone who has a lot of health problems but does their best to keep positive. Punctuated by guinea pigs, anime, superheroes, transforming robots and cross stitching.

I started this blog to tell my story, about who I am and what I do. On top of the health problems and raising awareness for those, I also use my blog as a way to help promote other causes, particularly ones which affect the most vulnerable. I live with a number of different and complex health problems but I refuse to let anything get me down. I know how it feels to be discriminated against or thrown aside. This is me. This is my life. I live it and do what I want with it. Nature sets the limitations. We set the boundaries.

About Me:

A blog about life. I live with Type 1 Brittle Asthma, Bi-Polar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder as well as Various Allergies, Neutropenia, Crohns Disease (my IBS was rediagnosed as Crohns), Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis, PCOS and Osteoporosis and Heredetary Spastic Paraplegia. I have recently also been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (which makes me stop breathing in my sleep) I live with these conditions, but I refuse to let them keep me down and out. I still try and make the most of my days despite being so poorly and having to rely on my wheelchair, nebulisers, nearly 50 pills a day and 2l/min of oxygen and CPAP.

I'll flap my broken wings and erase it all someday... You'll see.

Monday 10 January 2011

Some of my Toys

I thought today, it would be nice to show you some of my collectible toys that I have collected over the last few years. It is a bit of an open secret that I LOVE Final Fantasy 7 and the toys I have collected over the years are so amazing, I have my own little shrine to it. So I thought it would be nice to show some of my favorites off.

This is my shelf of Sephiroth toys. This is an old picture, as it doesn't have the new plushie which was brought for me by the lovely JP. 

But it does show my selection of Play Arts (FF7, FF7:AC and KH), my trading arts (given to me by Cat) and my Mini Trading arts who came all the way from Hong Kong, my Static Arts which is my most expensive (I paid £130 for it inc. customs and excise, would have paid nearly £200 at Forbidden Planet so that was a bargin). My Cold Cast Resin statue who was sold to me by a collector in the south of England, and my FF7:AC Sculpture Arts figurine. This one is lovely, but is part of a set so I need to get the Cloud part. When I brought it, part of the mounting was damaged, but some clever and inconspicuous repair work and you really can't tell. But still £30 for a figurine that would have cost £150 is not something to be sniffed at by all means.

 This is a closer pic of the Cold Cast and the Trading Arts figures. The cold Cast stands on the left, next to my Static Arts. He really is a fine figurine and I was impressed by how he looked.

Behind him stands my FF7:AC figure. He was my first ever Sephiroth toy and FF7 toy. He was a gift from Mike. Then is my Trading Arts and Mini Trading arts. The Trading arts is only about 7cm tall, where the Mini Trading Arts is only 3cm tall and VERY cute.
And this is my Static Arts figuine and the normal FF7 Play Arts figurine. The Static Arts is nearly a foot and a half tall but it really is a striking piece, especially when I have the fairy lights and lava lamps on. The see through swirls really come to life and its absolutely an amazing spectacle. He came from Japan, via a trader in LA. He took a while to arrive here, but I used the tracking ID and followed him all the way. I had to pay a little extra on Customs, but in honesty, I really didn't mind too much as it was worth it.

My FF7 Play arts is again, a lovely figurine and he came from Japan. I was away in Manchester at the time when he arrived, but when I got home I had a huge pile of parcels to open, including my swords and other things I had ordered.

My Collection began back in the winter of 2007. My great Nan had died suddenly and my then boyfriend had brought me a special present for my 20th birthday. He had got me a FF7: AC Sephiroth figurine. From the moment I saw him and got him out of his box, I was in love. My collection then was added to with a Cloud Strife, of the same series and the Mechanical Arts Kadaj Bike which I brought when I was out with Cat one day. I got one for her too.

In June 2008, I moved out of my parents place and from there, my collection just snowballed, and when I went back to college, I brought the rest of the FF7:AC range (apart from Tifa and Yuffie, who I can't get hold of at the moment) as well as the complete collection of FF7 Play Arts and the rest of the Mechanical Arts which consisted of Sister Ray (A large Canon) and the Fenrir Bike (as ridden by Cloud in FF7:AC). As well as the range of pieces from Art FX, which included Bahamut Sin and The Shera Airship from the film. Me and Steve both have a shadow creeper. Mine came from my friend Stacey and she (yes mine is a girl) is called Kali.

Along with the games (including 3 special editions), DVDs (both Special US edition and UK editions respectively), UMDs and soundtracks to all of them. I also have strategy guides for FF7, Crisis Core (I have the normal one and the Japanese one), Dissidia and FF XIII (the one I have for that was a find, a numbered special edition book, very cool) and toys from the Dissidia range. I recently got a plush cactuar from Steve's Dad from Christmas from FF XI

As before mentioned, I have 2 Sephiroth plush dolls. One I take everywhere with me and cuddle at night. Here is a picture of my Sephy, sat with James, a friend of mine's teddy bear. Both dolls look like this, except my cuddle one is a little grubby and raggy at the edges, but after 3 years of me mauling him in my sleep, I guess that is to be expected.

He came from China, and when I got him, I nearly went flying over the parcel!!
 
Anyway, I thought it would be rather nice to share some of my collection with you all and I hope you liked looking at them all and hearing some of the stories as to how I got them, as well as the story of how my collection and obsession began. I could work out the value of my collection, but to be honest, there wouldn't be enough money in the world for me to part with it as it is worth so much to me and the fact that FF7 has been there for me ever since I was that lonely child, to the adult woman I am today.

Loves
Wendy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I will review it as soon as possible!

Labels

ABG (2) acceptance (5) Adventures (1) Alphonse (2) Ambulances (5) Amusement (1) Angry (3) Animals (2) Another Day In Midgar (2) Appointment (1) Art (4) Asthma (22) Asthma Attack (12) Asthma UK (2) Awareness (2) Bad Attitudes (1) Bass (1) Benefits (3) Birthdays (3) Blogs (2) Blood Pressure (1) Books (1) Bucket List (1) Busy Day (2) Calming (1) Catherine (2) Childhood (2) Chocobo (1) Christmas (4) Cleaning (2) Close Calls (1) cold (1) Comforter (1) Compensation (2) Creativity (1) Cruelty (1) Custody (1) Cute (1) death (3) Debt (2) Depression (4) Design (1) diary (1) Disability (1) Disgust (1) Disney (1) Distraction (2) Doctors (4) documentary (1) Dr Pike (1) Dreams (1) Drugs (1) DWP (1) Dye (1) Eating Patterns (1) ESA (1) Exhaustion (3) fair share (1) family (1) Films (1) Final Fantasy 7 (5) Flu (2) Fluid (1) Food (1) Friends (7) Gaming (2) Gizmo (2) glass half full (3) goodbye (1) GP (5) guidelines (1) Guiniea Pigs (6) Guitar (1) Hair (1) happiness (6) haters (1) Help (1) HND (2) home (3) home use (1) Honesty (3) Hope (4) Hospitals (8) Housework (1) Human Nature (1) Illness (5) Infection (5) inspiration (1) Instincts (1) Joke (1) JP (2) Judy (1) Labas (1) Life (2) lost cause (1) love (1) Luke (1) Lungs (3) Lush (1) Me (2) Medication (7) Memories (1) Mike (1) Mind (1) MSN (1) Music (6) My Past (1) Nathaniel (1) Nebuliser (8) Needles (1) neglect (2) Neighbor (2) new look (2) New year (1) NHS (2) Noise (5) Omen Shadow (2) One day's supply (1) Organ Donation (1) Pain (3) Patch (1) PDSA (1) Poem (1) Positivity (1) Pred (3) quotes (1) Rachael Wakefield (1) Rachy (1) Random ideas (1) Rant (1) Recovery (7) reinvention (2) Reporting (1) Routines (1) sad (1) salmonella (1) scared (1) Sean (1) Selfishness (1) Sephiroth (4) Sephy (3) Simon's Cat (1) Sims 2 (1) Sleep (6) Sorting it Out (1) Spite (1) Steve (1) Store Room (1) success (1) Support (2) Survival (4) Tattoos (1) tears (1) Technology (1) Temparature (1) Thank You (4) The Crow (1) Therapy (1) Thoughts (1) Thrash (1) Tired (1) Toys (1) Transformers (1) Transplant (1) Veins (1) Vomiting (1) warnings (1) West Midlands Ambulance Service (2) winter (1) work (1) Year (1)